- Ensure pool water is clear and free from algae and debris before applying Blue Horizons Ultimate Winter Time.
- Shock dose the pool water using Blue Horizons Rapid Shock, Granular Shock or Shock ‘n’ Floc to achieve a free chlorine level of 10mg/l (ppm).
- Gradually pour the required amount of Blue Horizons Ultimate Winter Time into the pool, whilst the pump(s) are turned on, preferably near the water inlets to aid distribution.
- Check the pH level and if necessary adjust to achieve the recommended winter pH range of 7.6 – 7.8.
- Keep the circulation system running until Blue Horizons Concentrated Winter Time is thoroughly distributed throughout the pool.
- If the winter and spring are mild, it may be necessary to periodically shock dose the pool water with chlorine. This will help keep the pool clear as the air temperature starts to rise.